Kali Borkoski Manager
Posted Tue, January 31st, 2012 10:12 am
SCOTUSblog is now accepting applications from current law students interested in interning with us. Details about the position’s qualifications and responsibilities, as well as how to apply, are below the jump.
The principal focus of the internship will be assisting Tom with the “Petition of the Day” and “Petitions to watch” features on the blog. This will require roughly ten to twenty hours of work a week on a flexible work schedule. The expected commitment would be through the end of the Supreme Court’s Term in late June.
To qualify for the position, you must:
- Have a strong academic record
- Be currently enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M program (undergraduates are not eligible)
- Have a strong interest in learning about the U.S. Supreme Court and its workings
- Have some experience working with (or at least interest in) blog or website technology
- Have demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please send us the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for two references
- A writing sample of no more than five double-spaced pages that has not been edited by anyone other than you
- An official or unofficial law school transcript.
Application materials should be sent to Kali Borkoski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials must be received by February 10th for consideration. Please note that if you are a law student and have already submitted application materials for the previously advertised Deputy Manager position, you will automatically be considered for this internship and there is no need to reapply.
SCOTUSblog (Jan. 31, 2012, 10:12 AM),